What's happening at QBar at Hotel Albuquerque
- Check out www.QBarABQ.com or
Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/QbarABQLounge
- Join the best New Year's Eve party at QBar and we even have hotel specials that include a room, champagne where you can take the elevator home. See our New Year's Eve Package
Casa Esencia at Hotel Albuquerque Events -Friday Nights- 9pm: The hottest DJs spin the latest dance mixes in this ultra-modern club with an atmosphere of Las Vegas style nightclub and elegant house party. www.casaesencia.com
Discover Historic Old Town
- Every Saturday Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town guests can take a complimentary walking tour of Historic Old Town at 10am from our lobby with professional tour guides (offered seasonally). For details see our Services Page
- The San Felipe de Neri Parish located within a few blocks of Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town has many events and activities that are open to the public as well as regular mass schedules throughout the week and they welcome visitors. Hotel Albuquerque is honored to support this historic chapel that hasn't missed a Sunday Service in over 300 years through our community partnership program. Learn More about events at San Felipe de Neri in Old Town
Albuquerque Summer Events
- The city is host to a variety of festivals, fairs, concerts, markets and museum exhibitions throughout the summer.
Festival Flamenco Internacional de Alburquerque 2012
- The 25th annual International Flamenco Festival returns to Albuquerque from June 8th – 16th. Performers, musicians, and students from around the world will converge here in Albuquerque for a flurry of performances, activities and workshops that fill the daily schedule throughout the festival making it a true cultural immersion experience.
- 214 Gold Ave SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- (505) 242-7600
- Hotel Packages are available.
- The nationally renowned Cowboy Action Shooting competition that celebrates the history and tradition of the Old West Cowboy lifestyle. This three day festival allows the public a glimpse of traditional, southwestern entertainment that is suitable for all ages.
- 144 Juan Thomas Road, East Mountain area, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 843-1320
Annual End of Trail Wild West Jubilee
- Various Albuquerque neighborhoods host an array of entertainment, ranging from car shows to culinary events
- Saturday nights in summer - Various neighborhoods Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 768-3556
Mariachi Spectacular de Albuquerque
- Every July, come join both visitors and locals to hear the liveliest music around—mariachi music! This culture rich festival is sure to get you out of your seats.
- City wide
- (505) 255-1501
Ballet Pro Musica Festival
- This festival celebrates the new and innovative entertainment category, Chamber Music Ballet. The ballet utilizes chamber music masterworks in accordance with a symphony of live music.
- 1701 4th Street Southwest, National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 352-1281
Annual New Mexico Wine Festival
- The biggest wine festival in the state with vibrant music, arts and crafts, and plenty of delicious food. Anyone under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a legal age guardian.
- 243 South Camino Del Pueblo, Bernalillo, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 867-3311
¡Globalquerque! World Music Festival
- A two-day festival at the National Hispanic Cultural Center that celebrates world music and diverse cultures. International performers come to life on stage along with food, crafts and educational workshops for the whole family.
- 1701 Fourth St SW, South Valley, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 232-9868
Annual Old Town Salsa Fiesta
- Just minutes away from Hotel Albuquerque, this annual fiesta showcases salsa bands and dancers, kid-friendly crafts and activities and the Best Homemade Salsa contest. Attendees not only get to participate in the lively culture, but they also get to taste the salsa and vote for their favorite salsa.
- 400 Marquette NW, Old Town, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 768-3585
New Mexico State Fair
- One of the largest fairs in the nation, the NM State Fair includes a PRCA rodeo and nationally known country music performances plus a Spanish and Indian Village.
- EXPO New Mexico 300 San Pedro Dr. NE
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- The largest ballooning event in the world. Visitors witness hundreds of hot air balloons taking flight. A once in a lifetime opportunity where the entire community watches the balloons float across the blue skies.
- 4401 Alameda Blvd NE, Balloon Fiesta Park, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 821-1000
Weems International Artfest
- A 30-year old multi-cultural art event that showcases the nation's top artisans.
- 300 San Pedro NE, Eastside/Uptown, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 293-6133
Winter Spanish Market by Spanish Colonial Arts Society
- This Santa Fe event moves to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town in November
- Special $89/night hotel rates are available at Hotel Albuquerque for this event.
River of Lights
- Since 1997 River of Lights is New Mexico's largest walk-through light show that exhibits dazzling sculptures made by local artists.
- 903 10th Street Southwest, Downtown, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 764-6280
Old Town Holiday Shop and Stroll
- Old Town is lit up with thousands of luminarias and vendors feature caroling, entertainment and refreshments at this annual event held on a Friday evening in the beginning of December.
Christmas Eve Old Town Luminaria Tour
- All of the shops, galleries and museums in Historic Old Town line their walkways and rooftops with thousands of luminaria's (candle-lit brown paper bags). Stroll the streets and listen to carolers. Hotel Albuquerque is the best place to base for this event as we have free parking and will offer wonderful Christmas New Mexican buffet.
- Old Town Albuquerque, NM
Ski and Snowboard at Sandia Peak Ski Area
- While February typically offers maximum snow, the Sandia Peak Ski Area opens in December (weather permitting). Sandia Peak overlooks Albuquerque on the mountaintop and welcomes cross country skiers, beginning and intermediate skiers, and also offers a variety of trails for snowboarders.
- Mile Marker 6, Crest Scenic Byway, Highway 536, Eastside, Albuquerque, NM
- (505) 242-9052
Tricklock Revolutions International Theater Festival
- A three week celebration put on by Albuquerque's local theater company, Tricklock Theater Company. During the three weeks, guests marvel at top-tier theater performances, while also seeing diverse venues across the state.
- Locations vary, venues in both Albuquerque and Santa Fe
- (505) 254-8393
Women & Creativity
- An annual-month long event devoted to celebrating women's creativity. Presented by the National Hispanic Cultural Center (NHCC), this event focuses on women's talents in creative disciplines.
- City wide/various locations
- (505) 246-2261
- Hotel Albuquerque is offering a special 25% off our best rates for Women and Creativity during March for Albuquerque Girlfriends Getaways, use code WOMEN when booking to get this special rate.
- A chance for restaurant gurus to taste culinary delicacies at the finest restaurants. During the week, Albuquerque restaurants offer discounted rates for guests to sample their savory bites.
- City wide/various locations
- (505) 847-3333
Gathering of Nations Pow Wow
- The Gathering of Nations Pow Wow is North America's largest pow wow where guests are given a glimpse into Native American roots and traditions. Over 3,000 participate in a competition that combines both Indian singing and dancing. A culturally rich event suitable for the entire family.
- Location varies
- (505) 836-2810
Old Town New Fun (Events run May through October)
- A traditional celebration held from May through October where the historic Old Town district hosts a slew of culturally-rich offerings from live music to folk art. One of the oldest traditions that sheds new light on Albuquerque's history.
- Old Town, South Plaza St NW, Albuquerque, 87104
- (505) 768-3556
Also see Things to Do for Year Round Activities
Check out more Albuquerque events and activities at NewMexicoTravelBlog.com/Albuquerque